GHGs are gases that trap heat in the Earth’s atmosphere. Between 2016-2021, we found that the palm oil industry accrued GHG emissions associated with the total unweighted recovery liability were 279 million tCO2e. This liability was primarily created in Malaysia and Indonesia (resp. 29% and 68% of the total), and to a lesser extent in Papua New Guinea (3%).
Setting and achieving target reductions in GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions are crucial for sustainable practices. By estimating and monitoring GHG emissions, stakeholders can make informed decisions, promote sustainable practices, and contribute to the conservation of critical areas. The mandatory reporting and the use of tools further enhance transparency and accountability in reducing the carbon footprint of palm oil operations.
GHG emission data is provided by measurements at the land plot level, covering land use changes and the processing of fresh fruit bunches (FFB), relevant for scope 3 reporting and other supply chain emission calculations.
- As climate laws are still in development, it’s crucial to adhere to them. Our Sustainability Analysts will guarantee that your data is organized to meet compliance standards based on the latest regulations and reporting criteria, such as TCFD, SECR, SEC, and GHG Protocol.
- Organizations require expert analysis and robust tools, which is why our carbon reporting software can adapt to any organizational size as it offers unlimited storage for responses, remarks, and supporting documents as a standard feature.
- To meet European Union Due Diligence Regulation (EUDR) commitments, we offer data-driven calculations to support this assessment.
- Geo-referenced emissions: We use geo-referenced data sets to calculate emissions for each of your company’s locations, employing relevant local emission factors. This allows for the tracking and measurement of emissions from land plots to palm oil refineries globally.
- Data is integrity: Data is automatically checked against acceptance criteria based on change and materiality thresholds.
- Transparent: Every data element is accompanied by a comprehensive audit trail that documents all the calculation steps, encompassing the emissions factors and assumptions used, along with their sources. Our GHG assessment addresses the shortcomings in RSPO, ISPO, and MSPO certifications.
Start from measurement. To reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and minimize your carbon footprint, accurate measurements are essential. It is crucial to perform a comprehensive inventory of GHG emissions stemming from the company’s operational activities and/or its products. GHG emission data is collected through measurements at the land plot level, encompassing land use changes and the processing of fresh fruit bunches (FFB), which is pertinent for scope 3 reporting and other supply chain emission calculations. To fulfill European Union Due Diligence Regulation (EUDR) requirements, we provide data-driven calculations to facilitate this assessment.