Adverse habitat change continues to impede progress toward sustainability. Land Use Change Analysis (LUCA) is conducted to identify any non-compliant deforestation and peat development that has occurred within the concessions. Land Use Change Analysis (LUCA) is used to help companies track their suppliers’ compliance along the supply chain with sustainability commitments, certifications, and regulations. The analysis will include all concessions associated with the identified corporate groups.
The land cover classification used refers to the RSPO Land Cover Classification. Land Use Change Analysis usually collaborates with GHG Calculation because the change in cover from forested land to other cover will release carbon compounds into the air.
|Previous Land Cover Type||Definition||tc/ha||tCO2e/ha|
|Undisturbed Forest||Natural forest with dense canopy; no signs of logging roads.||268||982.6666667|
|Disturbed Forest||Natural forest area with logging roads and forest clearings.||128||469.3333333|
|Tree Crop||All the various crops which trees can provide.||75||275|
|Shrubland||Upland (well-drained sols), small trees and shrubs.||46||168.6666667|
|Grassland||An area in which the vegetation is dominated by a nearly continuous cover of grasses; Replanting oil palm 0 – 3 years (before entering the productive age).||5||18.33333333|
|Oil Palm (Average)||Oil Palm Average: Small and medium scale plantations recognizable in satellite images with < 40 ha.||63.425||215.1783333|
|Oil Palm (Vigorous)||Large-scale plantations recognizable in satellite images commercial scale with > 40 ha.||58.685||231.8983333|
|Annual/Food Crop||Subsistence crops that are meant for human consumption.||8.5||31.17|
|Rubber||An estate in a tropical country where rubber trees are grown on a large scale.||40||146.6666667|
|Other Landuse||Settlement area, Mill, Road.||0||0|
|Peat||Soils with an organic layer of more than 50cm in the top 100 cm of soil containing more than 65% of organic matter.||0.91 x cm drainage depth|
- Deforestation and Peat Conversion Analysis.
- One summary report in Word/PDF format presenting findings and recommendations with supporting graphics.
- Dataset: Mosaic image for each period and concession boundary, forest cover baseline, peatland cover baseline.
- Spatial Analysis: Analysis using land cover classes from the RSPO GHG Assessment and verification using High-Resolution imagery.
- Delineation: The process of defining and depicting the boundaries, features, or characteristics of land cover classes.
- Result Analysis: Results from spatial analysis and delineation.